[Mne_analysis] Manipulating Channels on Raw Preloaded to Workfile

Rockhill, Alexander P. AROCKHILL at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 31 12:34:12 EDT 2018

Hi all,

    I have a very large Raw file (several hours sampled at 25 kHz) and the analysis depends on not decimating the data. I have been trying to use a memory-mapped file but when I add channels, I get the error:

>>> raw.add_channels([Cz], force_update_info=False)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/autofs/space/karima_001/users/alex/software/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mne/channels/channels.py", line 877, in add_channels
    data = np.concatenate(data, axis=con_axis)
MemoryError

    If anyone has helpful information about a way around this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Alex Rockhill

Translational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Division of Neurotherapeutics, Department of Psychiatry
Massachusetts General Hospital, Martinos Center
149 13th St Charlestown #2301, Boston, MA 02129