[Mne_analysis] mne.SourceEstimate.data array

Corey Scheideman coreys1 at umbc.edu
Tue Jul 31 12:23:04 EDT 2018

Hi,

My current question is, what exactly is stc.data?

I know that it's a 2D array of vertices x time and that vertices could be voxels. But I'm not sure if the float values in that array are current density, and what are the XYZ coordinates for each of the 8000+ vertices if they really are voxels. If they are not voxels, then what are they? What units are the values found in stc.data?

We're working on processing EEG data using sLORETA method. We would like to move to MNE Python since using LORETA-KEY and EEGLAB is a pretty slow and manual process. What we’re interested in is getting the xyz coordinates and current density data as well as lobe location, just like the sLORETA Viewer shows, in an automated way. Is there any way we can do this in MNE?

Thanks,
Corey