[Mne_analysis] Use of Maxwell filtering with 4-D Neuroimaging / BTI data

Bear, Joshua JOSHUA.BEAR at ucdenver.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:02:55 EDT 2018

Hi Maria,

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm still exploring the results, but my initial results with minimal intervention are quite promising. We've been getting a strange local artifact that might be related to some of our EEG leads that creates a hyper-local (appears to be directly between 2 electrodes in a linear line) delta band artifact.

I used the following command:
max = mne.preprocessing.maxwell_filter(raw, st_only=True, st_duration=10)

If the attached images are allowed through the list, you should see two images. The top shows that MEG 055 and 057 have a clear artifactual signal. The bottom shows the same data with nothing applied other that the Maxwell filter. As you can see, the data look completely unadulterated other than the artifact disappearing from 055 and 057. Quite promising!

(If the images don't survive the list, I can get them to you some other way.)

That said, I don't have extensive experience with this using our BTI data, so if anyone else has more complete information please chime in!

Best,
Josh

--
Joshua Bear, MD, MA
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology
joshua.bear at childrenscolorado.org