[Mne_analysis] installation failure on OS X

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:20:26 EDT 2018

> When I wasn’t able to import MNE, I went back and saw the problem.  .conda
> belonged to root rather than me and I didn’t have permission.  I fixed the
> permissions problem and redid the conda env create -f environment.yml step.

That's odd -- perhaps someone did a `sudo` operation at some point.

> This time it mostly went fine all the way through.

You might need to do `conda env remove -n mne` and then start over. Maybe
there was some cruft left in there.

> I’m not sure what to do at this point.  Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated!

You got this error after the `source activate mne` step? If you do `which
python` does it tell you `~/anaconda3/envs/mne/bin/python`? Doing `conda
list` will list all the packages currently available in the environment.