[Mne_analysis] Digitization data for new Polhemus system

Emily Stephen emilyps14 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:16:37 EDT 2018

Hi All,

My lab has started using a new *Polhemus FastScan II* system to get the
digitization data (head shape points, electrode position points,
fiducials). The scanner itself doesn't identify or output the points: it
returns a 3d head surface image, from which we'll need to extract the
electrode positions, etc. We are working on a tool to label the points
manually and output them in a format that we can use in MNE to create a
DigMontage.

(1) Has anyone used this system before with MNE? We'd rather not re-invent
the wheel if we don't have to.
(2) If not, is there a spec or detailed description of (a) the point
definitions and (b) digitizer file formats, that we could use as a basis
for the outputs of our tool?
(3) Any other advice for us or pitfalls that we should watch out for?

Thanks,
Emily