[Mne_analysis] Digitization data for new Polhemus system

Teon Brooks teon.brooks at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:22:01 EDT 2018

Hi Emily,

We don't have a way to read the native file from FastScan in MNE. However,
we do support data exported as text files. I don't have the software handy
but there should be a way to export the surface points, electrode points,
and the fiducials, all as separate text files. We based this off the
routine we used for the KIT-NYU lab where we bundled the electrode points
and the fiducials in the same file export.

For creating the DigMontage, we have a function `read_dig_montage` that
takes these text files as input.
- The HPI are the marker points that your MEG system generate in the native
MEG space
- The ELP are those same points that are digitized in the native FastScan
space with the addition of the fiducials, which are in the same native
FastScan space.
- The point names are labels for the markers and then the name of the
fiducials (nasion, lpa, rpa) in their respective order from the ELP file.

Please follow up if you have any more questions about this and how we might
make it more accompanying for other lab setups.

HTH,

teon <http://www.twitter.com/teon_io>, phd