[Mne_analysis] Source space of MSR

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:32:24 EST 2018

You probably want to set up a "discrete" source space, like:

mne.setup_volume_source_space
<https://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.setup_volume_source_space.html>(pos=dict(rr=...,
nn=...))

You need to specify `rr` in meters in the MRI coordinate frame. (You can
make the MRI, MEG, and head coordinate frames identical to make your life
easier, too.) The `nn` won't really matter as long as you use `loose=1.`
when computing the solution.

For the `rr` you could use a sphere around the MEG helmet. You can use the
private (meaning it could stop working at any time!)
mne.surface._get_ico_surface(5)['rr'] to get a unit (1 meter radius)
sphere, for example, and scale and/or shift these points as you see fit.

Eric