[Mne_analysis] compute_covariance estimations for different participants

Dr. Denis-Alexander Engemann denis-alexander.engemann at inria.fr
Wed Nov 28 08:54:02 EST 2018

Hi Sam,

The differences between the methods are rather subtle when you have long recordings.
I’d recommend to do at least methods=[‘empirical’, ’shrunk’] or [‘empirical’, ‘oas’] as a quick compromise and the way to go when using maxfilter for cleaning the MEG. In most cases, the regularized one will win.
Letting the algorithm decide how to regularize is better than forcing one method to all participants and should make your data more comparable, not less comparable.

Hope that helps,
Denis