[Mne_analysis] Get back a reference channel from acticap

Sylvain madec at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Oct 16 09:03:30 EDT 2018

Dear mne users,

I used an acticap system to collect data. This system has a common reference electrode localized on the FCz location. I would like to retrieve this electrode for further analysis,

What I would like to do is as follow:
- adding back the reference channel by using mne.add_reference_channels(raw, 'FCz'), which I guess should add this channel with values equal to zeros;
- then computing the average reference of all channel by using raw.set_eeg_reference('average') So I guess the values on the FCz channels should just be 0 minus the mean of all other channels;;
- then well maybe I will use the linked mastoid average or I will stay with the average one.

OK so the issues I have right now:
- could anyone confirm my rationale makes sense?
- second I have troubles with  mne.add_reference_channels. For some reasons when I apply it I get an error "RuntimeWarning: the locations of multiple reference channels are ignored (set to zeros)". And apparently it is not updating the info structure.

Thank you for any help!

Sylvain