[Mne_analysis] Get back a reference channel from acticap

Dr. Sylvain Madec madec at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Oct 16 10:43:54 EDT 2018

Ok I will try to find a space for holding a file if I do not manage to solve
the issues before, but here is some observations:

- the error "RuntimeWarning: The locations of multiple reference channels
are ignored (set to zero)" appearing when I use
mne.io.add_reference_channels is there only if previously I import the
brainvision data by specifying a montage. For some reasons specifying a
montage is creating a list called "dig" (I do not exactly know what it is),
and the presence of this list is causing issue in the code
there https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/mne/io/reference.py
line 219;

- so what I did is not importing the data by not specifying a montage. Then
concerning the fact that the Info was not updated I am sorry I did a mistake
in using mne.add_reference_channels instead of mne.io.add_reference_channels
. Without io well it does not update anything.

Now still if anyone had an idea if the rationale of my original question is
ok I would be interested.

Thank you!

Sylvain