[Mne_analysis] Dipole fit

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:18:03 EDT 2018

Hi Karin,

You cannot just fit to the residuals! The fields of the  previously fitted dipoles have to be projected out of the data and the gain vectors of new candidates. Or, equivalently, the previously fitted dipoles have to be included (as fixed) the new model.

Because of this kind of partly heuristic strategies needed, a GUI is necessary and has to be very responsive and different kinds of feedback needs to be provided.

The MNE-CPP software will eventually include an “mne_analyze” GUI which will be able to do this.

Best,
Matti