[Mne_analysis] EEG channel location for source localization of EEG-MEG data

Lin Wang wanglinsisi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 11:34:28 EDT 2019

Hi MNE experts,

I’m trying to do source localization to simultaneously recorded EEG and MEG
data. I modified the EEG channel location using the mgh70 montage to plot
the topographic distribution of the ERP effect because the original EEG
channel layout looks a bit weird. My question is which EEG channel location
I should use when building the forward model. Should I use the modified EEG
channel locations or the originally recorded locations? Can I use the
original fiducial points and digitizer data imported from the raw data to
align the MEG sensors and the head surfaceI?

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Lin