[Mne_analysis] Classification result by dropping some side electrodes

Michael Martinez michaelmart1977 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:01:45 EDT 2019

Hi all,
I have eeg data for hand movement recorded from 32 electrodes. I did the
classification and got an accuracy. I removed the electrodes on the sides.
And did the classification for only 16 electrodes (over the motor cortex).
I got lower accuracy. (I think this is due to the high connectivity).
Then I wanted to see how the classification would be for the rest
electrodes. So I dropped (removed) the electrodes over the motor cortex and
chose only the electrodes on the sides. Surprisingly I got better results
by choosing the electrodes on the sides than the case when choosing the
electrodes over the motor cortex?
Is it normal? I'm new to this. I think you have more experience and
knowledge than me.

Thanks in advance for any help