[Mne_analysis] MNE-Python and R compatibility

Denis A. Engemann denis-alexander.engemann at inria.fr
Tue Aug 6 15:11:01 EDT 2019

Hi Bianca,

Did you have a look at  MNE-R? https://mne.tools/mne-r/index.html
It is a small library that facilitates calling MNE-Python through R and making data frames from fif-compatible data structures.

For what concerns your question, the fif file is not meant to handle data from multiple subjects.
You would use other formats for that.
In Python we usually  do things in memory, making big matrices from multiple subjects.
For getting data for all subjects, you would need to write separate files and combine them in R or make a big data frame.

I  hope that helps.
Denis