[Mne_analysis] Sources and labels for reconstruct time course label from EEG

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 13:05:43 EDT 2019

>     - Is it possible to create a volume source space which does not
> creates sources inside white matter ? ( I followed this exemple
> <https://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_tutorials/source-modeling/plot_forward.html#sphx-glr-auto-tutorials-source-modeling-plot-forward-py>and
> had a look at the  API, but I didn't find a way to do what I want )

Implicitly, yes. You can choose which volume labels to use (and thus not
include cortex), see for example
https://mne.tools/dev/auto_examples/inverse/plot_mixed_source_space_inverse.html

    - When using mne.extract_label_time_course
> <https://martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.extract_label_time_course.html#mne.extract_label_time_course> ,
> how MNE assigns label for volume source space ? I'm working with a custom
> atlas,  should I use my specific atlas aparc+asef:mgz when setting the volume
> sources
> <https://martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.setup_volume_source_space.html#mne.setup_volume_source_space>
> as volume label ?

We do not currently have an API for this so you'll need to write custom
code. See the ongoing discussion (and some usable code snippets) in:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/issues/6278
https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/issues/6155

HTH,
Eric