[Mne_analysis] Research engineer position on MNE-Python

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Mon Aug 26 03:42:09 EDT 2019

Dear MNE community,

I am looking to recruit in my lab at Inria Saclay a software engineer to work
on MNE-Python (https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python)
and in particular on the integration with BIDS formatted data (EEG, MEG, iEEG).

The position is funded by French ANR (French national plan for open science)
and is in collaboration with CEA Neurospin
(Sophie Herbst and Virginie Van Wassenhove) and Maximilien
Chaumon at Brain and Spine Institute (ICM).

See full job description below.

Alexandre Gramfort, PhD
Inria, Université Paris-Saclay
http://alexandre.gramfort.net
alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr

-----

Software engineer position on MNE-Python

The position is for 18 months, with salary depending on experience
and starting before January 1st 2020. Remote work is not possible.

Objectives
~~~~~~~~
- automate the processing of data formatted according to the
Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) https://bids.neuroimaging.io/
- develop new features on MNE-Python (visualization, numerical
optimization, statistics, machine learning etc.)
- scale analysis pipelines for large datasets with distributed
computing e.g. with dask
- be part of the community that maintains MNE-Python (training, user
support ...)

Requirements
~~~~~~~~~~~
- a real interest in helping others, open science and to contribute to an
open source community (most important)
- Master or PhD degree in relevant field
- experience with scientific computing in Python (Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib)
- experience with open source code development (Git, GitHub)
- experience of processing experimental scientific data

Having already some experience in neuroscience data analysis (eg MEG,
EEG, fMRI, sEEE, ECoG) and with MNE would be a plus.

Environment
The position will be at Inria Saclay in the Parietal Team
https://team.inria.fr/parietal/
This team is at the origin of the scikit-learn, nilearn, nistats
software. Parietal has a great engineering culture. I promise that you
will learn a lot in this environment!

If you are interested send me an email : alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Please join a CV and references to some code you have written.