[Mne_analysis] Baseline correction in TF analysis

Mainak Jas mainakjas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:46:14 EST 2019

Hi Tao,

I am assuming you mean baseline correction on the output of the tfr_morlet
function? Since you are looking at power and it's not linear, the order of
the operation should indeed matter. Regarding which is recommended, my
intuition would be that averaging in the time-frequency domain is better
when you are looking for subtle oscillations that are not necessarily
completely aligned in phase. It's what we call induced power in MNE.

Mainak