[Mne_analysis] [ext] Re: LCMV source extraction for continuous resting data

Neumann, Wolf-Julian julian.neumann at charite.de
Sat Dec 14 12:07:57 EST 2019

Great, thanks for the answer.

< what further processing do you have in mind?

I am looking at burst evoked connectivity.

> Finally, are the vertex coordinates stored somewhere in the source object?
> https://mne.tools/dev/auto_tutorials/source-modeling/plot_object_source_estimate.html

So if I understand correct, the vertex coordinates are not stored in the source object. I like to use my own plotting and find the freesurfer images really ugly compared to what you can do with opaque colored source meshes (e.g. have a look at a recent poster: https://figshare.com/articles/POSTIGO_2019_pdf/11369082)

Finally, has anyone created a MNI 2009b template?  That would be a really great addition. Some research (deep brain stimulation) is entirely performed in volume space where the MNI2009b is simply the best template because of the high voxel resolution required for subcortical nuclei. Therefore, e.g. for LFP-MEG connectivity it is important to work in the same space between DBS electrode location and cortical projection.

Best wishes
Julian