[Mne_analysis] (resubmitted) Problem with plotting VolSourceEstimate

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Fri Dec 27 10:27:37 EST 2019

hi,

I looked into the issue. The problem is following:

src = mne.setup_volume_source_space(bem=bem)

returns a discrete source space as it does not know what subject to
which the bem corresponds to.
Basically it does not know where to get the MRI from.

to fix your problem you should use:

src = mne.setup_volume_source_space(bem=bem, subject='sample',
subjects_dir=subjects_dir)

I agree that this is confusing as you needed to pass subject and
subjects_dir in mne.make_bem_model
to technically you provided this information.

Eric what do you think?

Alex