[Mne_analysis] SPM M/EEG course 2019: registration is now open!

Vladimir Litvak litvak.vladimir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:22:57 EST 2019

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that our annual SPM course for MEG/EEG will take
place this year from Monday May 20 to Wednesday May 22 2019.

Hosted by University College London, the course will be held at Queen
Square (UK).

The course will present instruction on the analysis of MEG and EEG data.
The first two days will combine theoretical presentations with practical
demonstrations of the different data analysis methods implemented in SPM.
On the last day participants will have the opportunity to work on SPM
tutorial data sets under the supervision of the course faculty. We also
invite students to bring their own data for analysis.

The course is suitable for both beginners and more advanced users. The
topics that will be covered range from pre-processing and statistical
analysis to source localization and dynamic causal modelling. The program
is listed below.

Registration is now open. For full details see:
https://onlinestore.ucl.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-brain-sciences-c07/ucl-institute-of-neurology-d07/d07-statistical-parametric-mapping-for-megeeg-2019
where you can also register.

Available places are limited so please register as early as possible if you
would like to attend! For any administrative questions, please contact Ms
Kamlyn Ramikssoon (k.ramkissoon at ucl.ac.uk)

Monday May 20th (12 Queen square, 4th floor)

9.00 - 9.30    Registration
9.30 - 9.45    SPM introduction and resources
9.45 - 10.30  What are we measuring with M/EEG?
10.30- 11.15  Data pre-processing

Coffee

11.45 - 12.30  Data pre-processing – demo
12.30 - 13.15  General linear model and classical inference

Lunch

14.15 - 15.00  Multiple comparisons problem and solutions
15.00 - 15.45  Bayesian inference

Coffee

16.15 - 17.45  Group M/EEG dataset analysis – demo
17.45 - 18.30  Advanced applications of the GLM

Tuesday May 21th (33 Queen square, basement)

9.30 - 10.15  M/EEG source analysis
10.15 - 11.15 M/EEG source analysis – demo

Coffee

11.45 - 12.30  The principles of dynamic causal modelling
12.30 - 13.15  DCM for evoked responses

Lunch

14.15 - 15.00  DCM for steady state responses
15.00 - 15.45  DCM - demo

Coffee

16.15 - 17.00  Bayesian model selection and averaging
17.00 - 18.30  Clinic - questions & answers

19.00 - ... Social Event

Wednesday May 22th

9.30 - 17.00

Practical hands-on session will take place in UCL computer classrooms.
Participants can either work on SPM tutorial datasets or on their own data
with the help of the faculty. There will also be an opportunity to ask
questions in small tutorial groups for further discussions on the topics of
the lectures.

With the very best regards,

Amirhossein Jafarian,
Ph.D., MSc, BSc,