[Mne_analysis] evoked.plot_topomap help

SPAGNA Alfredo alfredo.spagna at icm-institute.org
Tue Jan 8 06:23:56 EST 2019

Hello everyone;

I am trying to use the topomap plot, but I am having some issues (script below)

I guess the problem is that I am trying to load the sensor location from the initial fif file but then using it as montage info on a .mat file epochs loaded.

the error I get is:

ValueError: Cannot determine location of MEG/EOG/ECG channels using digitization points.

Any help?

import os.path as op
import numpy as np
import pandas as pd
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from scipy.io import loadmat
import mne

data_path = op.join("exocos", "MEG", "sample", "s1")

fif = data_path + '/run01_sss.fif'
tmin = -.500

Montage = mne.channels.read_dig_montage(fif=fif)
print(Montage) #here everything looks good

info = mne.create_info(102, sfreq=500, ch_types='mag', montage=Montage)
print(info) #here I want to select only 102 MAG channel from the list of 339 sensors in the fif file

epochs_S_D_I = mne.EpochsArray(S_cueD_targetI_Suj1_rej['trial'], info=info, tmin=tmin, baseline=baseline) #here is where I am switching to the .mat structure where I have my epochs

#Compute the evoked response
evoked = epochs_S_D_I.average()
evoked.plot(time_unit='s') #this plot function works fine

evoked.plot_topomap(ch_type='mag', time_unit='s') #this does not