[Mne_analysis] Optimal algorithms for CSP

A S eng.emetsasa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:59:21 EST 2019

Hi all,
I have eeg dataset for 10 subjects. The subjects do the same tasks. I
applied the common spatial patterns from mne-python package. I used
with CSP the following algorithms (logistic regression, svc with
linear kernel,).
I wanted to compare the algorithms. I found that, for some subjects
the Logistic Regression performed better, for other subjects the SVC
with linear Kernel performed better.
I have following questions:
for the same tasks is it normal that the optimal algorithm differs
from subject to another?
Is it normal that the CSP patterns are totally different from subject
to another? Why? Is there a literature for this?