[Mne_analysis] SVC with linear kernel or SVC with rbf kernel

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 05:38:10 EST 2019

Why would you expect the rbf kernel to be better? In MEG/EEG linear models
are hard to beat as many effects are either linear in the magnetic field
change or linear in logarithmic power changes. For speed you may even
consider logistic regression which is most of the time equivalent to SVM
but has a true probability model.