[Mne_analysis] How to set atlas

Diptyajit Das bmedasdiptyajit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:41:52 EST 2019

Hi,

You do cortical parcellation by using some atlas. I think what you meant is
to restrict the dipoles activity to some particular brain regions. For
that,  you need to pass the 'label'  during source estimation or you can do
something like this after the source estimate:

code:
regexp = 'bankssts'     # name the brain region that you are interested in
hemi = 'both'  # taking both hemisphere
label = mne.read_labels_from_annot(subject, hemi=hemi, parc='aparc',
subjects_dir=subjects_dir, regexp=regexp)[0]    # read the label of the
particular region based on Desikan atlas (i.e., defined by 'aparc')
stc = stc.in_label(label)  # restrict the dipoles to that particular label

best,

Dip