[Mne_analysis] How to keep the conda environment up-to-date with the changes in the git repository?

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:26:02 EST 2019

> I also tried this (as recommended in the "advanced setup":
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git
>
> But, this creates a local directory mne-python which completely ignores
> the existing conda environment. So, it is a different track.

Did you do all three of the commands
<https://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/advanced_setup.html>, namely:

$ git clone git://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git
$ cd mne-python
$ python setup.py develop

The command `python setup.py develop` (while in the `mne-python` directory)
should install the `git` version to your environment over the
`pip`-installed stabel one. If it does not for some reason (?), then you
can equivalently do `pip install -e .` and `pip` should take care of
uninstalling the stable MNE and then installing in editable mode the dev
version.

Eric