[Mne_analysis] How to keep the conda environment up-to-date with the changes in the git repository?

Burkhard Maess maess at cbs.mpg.de
Thu Jan 24 05:04:47 EST 2019

Hi Eric,

many thanks for your quick answer. No, I did not try all three commands
together. I had stopped after the first. So, I repeated the first
command again:

|$ git clone git://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git
<http://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git>|

However, then I created a local branch for version 0.17, since I wanted
to update this version with the recent bug-fixes. Or is this plan a
complete waste of time, because 0.17 does not change anymore?

|$ cd mne-python $ git branch local.v017 remotes/origin/maint/0.17 $ git
checkout local.v017 |

And finally, I ran the python setup.py as recommended:

|python setup.py --verbose develop |

And this seems to be successful although it shows a number of warnings?
Would you agree?
Thank you and best wishes,
Burkhard

|running develop running egg_info creating mne.egg-info writing
mne.egg-info/PKG-INFO writing dependency_links to
mne.egg-info/dependency_links.txt writing top-level names to
mne.egg-info/top_level.txt writing manifest file
'mne.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' reading manifest file
'mne.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no previously-included files found matching 'conftest.py'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'examples/MNE-sample-data' warning: no previously-included files
matching '*' found under directory 'examples/MNE-testing-data' warning:
no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'examples/MNE-spm-face' warning: no previously-included files matching
'*' found under directory 'examples/MNE-somato-data' warning: no
previously-included files found matching 'Makefile' warning: no
previously-included files found matching '.coveragerc' warning: no
previously-included files found matching '*.yml' warning: no
previously-included files found matching 'ignore_words.txt' warning: no
previously-included files found matching '.mailmap' warning: no
previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under directory 'mne'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'doc' warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'logo' warning: no previously-included files found matching
'CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md' warning: no previously-included files found
matching '.github' warning: no previously-included files found matching
'.github/CONTRIBUTING.md' warning: no previously-included files found
matching '.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE' warning: no previously-included files
found matching '.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE/blank.md' warning: no
previously-included files found matching
'.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE/bug_report.md' warning: no previously-included
files found matching '.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE/feature_request.md'
warning: no previously-included files found matching
'.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md' warning: no previously-included files
matching '*' found under directory 'mne/io/tests/data' warning: no
previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'mne/io/bti/tests/data' warning: no previously-included files matching
'*' found under directory 'mne/io/edf/tests/data' warning: no
previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'mne/io/kit/tests/data' warning: no previously-included files matching
'*' found under directory 'mne/io/brainvision/tests/data' warning: no
previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'mne/io/egi/tests/data' warning: no previously-included files matching
'*' found under directory 'mne/io/nicolet/tests/data' warning: no
previously-included files matching '*' found under directory
'mne/preprocessing/tests/data' writing manifest file
'mne.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' running build_ext Creating
/scr/kuba1/miniconda3/envs/mne_v017/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mne.egg-link
(link to .) Adding mne 0.17.0 to easy-install.pth file Saving
/scr/kuba1/miniconda3/envs/mne_v017/lib/python3.6/site-packages/easy-install.pth
Installing mne script to /scr/kuba1/miniconda3/envs/mne_v017/bin
changing mode of /scr/kuba1/miniconda3/envs/mne_v017/bin/mne to 775
Installed /nobackup/nigeria1/clozep/mne-python Processing dependencies
for mne==0.17.0 Finished processing dependencies for mne==0.17.0running
develop running egg_info creating mne.egg-info error: [Errno 2] No such
file or directory |