[Mne_analysis] Applying ICA with No Components Selected out but Signal Changes Using Default Parameters

Rockhill, Alexander P. AROCKHILL at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 2 17:13:41 EDT 2019

Also, of note the ica scale is off by quite a lot in the plot_sources plot, it is way too zoomed in.

Alex

Translational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Division of Neurotherapeutics, Department of Psychiatry
Massachusetts General Hospital, Martinos Center
149 13th St Charlestown #2301, Boston, MA 02129
ica = ICA(method='fastica', n_components=n_components,  # n_components=None
          random_state=seed)
ica.fit(inst2)
inst2 = ica.apply(inst2, exclude=ica.exclude)

    and when I skip all intermediate steps and just fit the ICA and apply it with an empty list for ica.exclude the signal still changes, quite a bit. I thought if no components were selected out and all the max PCA components were used the signal would be unchanged or basically unchanged. Is this a bug or something with my implementation?

Thanks,