[Mne_analysis] envelope correlation

Denis A. Engemann denis-alexander.engemann at inria.fr
Wed Jul 31 02:39:06 EDT 2019

Hi Vivek,

No this is not  convenient as the PSD function gives you a power spectrum and not a time course.

You really want  to use apply_inverse_epochs: https://mne.tools/dev/generated/mne.minimum_norm.apply_inverse_epochs.html#mne.minimum_norm.apply_inverse_epochs

We then compute the analytic signal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytic_signal#Envelope_and_instantaneous_phase using the Hilbert transform.

If you do not do that by hand, the envelope_correlation function will take care of it internally as in this example:
https://mne.tools/dev/auto_examples/connectivity/plot_mne_inverse_envelope_correlation.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-connectivity-plot-mne-inverse-envelope-correlation-py

Best regards,
Denis