[Mne_analysis] Problem with mne.gui.coregistration

Williamson, Brady (willi3by) willi3by at mail.uc.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:58:02 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am new to MNE (trying it after much experience with fieldtrip) and am having trouble with the gui coregistration. First, it seems like the gui is not being presented correctly on my computer (MacOS 10.12.6, python 3.6.8, conda 4.5.12, MNE 0.18.1). I have attached a screenshot. This is with the subject and subject dir successfully specified. The data attempting to be loaded is a T1 with fiducials that has been processed with FreeSurfer and scalp surfaces made with mne_make_scalp_surfaces.

Second, I get the error message:

trait_notifiers.py:553: RuntimeWarning: No low-resolution head found, decimating high resolution mesh (265944 vertices): /Users/wilxl8/Desktop/Preemie_FS_Dir/CTL07/bem/CTL07-head-dense.fif

  handler(*args)

trait_notifiers.py:553: RuntimeWarning: No low-resolution head found, decimating high resolution mesh (265944 vertices): /Users/wilxl8/Desktop/Preemie_FS_Dir/CTL07/bem/CTL07-head-dense.fif

  handler(*args)

In the bem folder, I have all 3 densities from the make scalp surfaces command CTL07-head-dense.fif, CTL07-head-medium.fif, CTL07-head-sparse.fif. I do not have any digitization data but wanted to align the MRI to the MEG by identifying the fiducials on the scalp surface. I feel like I am missing something fairly obvious. Do you know what might be going wrong?

Thanks for your time,

Brady