[Mne_analysis] Matching trial counts in an oddball task

Sheraz Khan, PhD sheraz at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 3 21:20:48 EST 2019

Hi Maryam,

There are multiple approaches to equalize the epoch count across
conditions, please look at the following example

https://martinos.org/mne/dev/auto_tutorials/plot_stats_cluster_time_frequency_repeated_measures_anova.html?highlight=equalize_event_counts

and the API documentation

https://martinos.org/mne/dev/generated/mne.Epochs.html?highlight=equalize_event_counts#mne.Epochs.equalize_event_counts

Thanks

Sheraz

>         External Email - Use Caution
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have designed an oddball visual experiment. So, I have different numbers
> of trials in two conditions (standard vs deviant). For doing the
> time-frequency analysis I have to match the trials counts in each
> condition. In other words, I should sample from the standard condition to
> have an identical number of trials to the deviant condition.  One way
> could
> be sampling randomly from the standard condition which will give me
> different results each time I run the code. I wonder whether there is a
> better way for matching trials count in each condition in time-frequency
> analysis in MNE.
>

> Regards,
> -Maryam

-------------------------
Sheraz Khan, M.Eng, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology

Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School

McGovern Institute for Brain Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology