[Mne_analysis] Matching trial counts in an oddball task

Maryam Zolfaghar Maryam.Zolfaghar at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 4 13:02:01 EST 2019

Hi Sheraz Khan,

Thank you for your help. I have two questions regarding this function:

Is the mechanism of  "mne.Epochs.equalize_event_count
<https://martinos.org/mne/dev/generated/mne.Epochs.html#mne.Epochs.equalize_event_counts>"
function
that it randomly picks samples from the condition with more trials so that
their occurring timing would be close to the trials in another condition
with fewer trials?

Also, this function needs events_id. In my experiment, I didn't put
different triggers/events_id for each condition. All conditions now have
identical events_id. I grouped my conditions based on my metadata. Is there
any way to update my events_id according to the metadata?

Regards,
-Maryam

--
*Mary Zolfaghar,*
Ph.D. Student in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, Institute of

Muenzinger E023
UCB 345
Boulder, CO 80309