[Mne_analysis] Google Summer of Code 2019: Linear Regression

"José C. García Alanis" alanis.jcg at gmail.com
Mon May 20 09:20:35 EDT 2019

Dear MNE-users,

My Name is José García Alanis. During the upcoming months, I will be participating in this year’s Google Summer of Code to improve linear regression analysis in MNE-Python. The core of my project consist in developing  a set of tools and example code that extend the capabilities for regression analysis in MNE-Python. The major goal is to provide a certain degree of flexibility and allow users to fit different types of models in accordance to their research questions. Feel free to the visit the wiki-page, if you’d like to learn more about the project: https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/wiki/GSOC-Ideas#2-enhance-statistical-inference-using-linear-regression-in-mne

I’m PhD student from Germany. In my PhD work I focus on EEG correlates of cognitive control and how these are Influenced by individual’s personality and other situational factors. So, some of the ideas for my GSoC project are rooted in issues I came across while analysing data and looking for ways to describe the relationship between variables and EEG indicators of cognitive function.

I will be documenting my progress here: https://blogs.python-gsoc.org/en/blogs/josealaniss-blog/ <https://blogs.python-gsoc.org/en/blogs/josealaniss-blog/>.
Please feel free to show up and comment.

Please also feel free to contact me via Email or Github (@JoseAlanis), in case you’d like to discuss the project or get in touch.

Best,
José