[Mne_analysis] LCMV questions

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:34:06 EST 2019

I just started looking at the LCMV beamformer implementation in MNE and I'm
a bit confused by the use of a 2 covariance matrices.

The implementations I'm familiar with (fieldtrip and ctf tools) use a
single covariance. So to commute a differential beamformer you need to
compute an average covariance (between the active and baseline time
windows) to make the filter weights etc.

This is the approach taken in this tutorial.
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/aarhus/beamformingerf/

Does the MNE implementation do this already? Are the filter weights the
same if I switch what I pass in for the data and noise covariances?