[Mne_analysis] Ica using picard

Dirk van Moorselaar dirkvanmoorselaar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 11:27:58 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have updated mne to version 19. I am now playing around with ICA and I wanted to see how the Picard method would behave on my data. However, when I try to run this method using the following commands:

ica = ICA(n_components=picks.size, method=method)
# ica is fitted on epoched data (stored in self)
ica.fit(self, picks=picks, decim=decim)

I get a ModuleNotFoundError:

~/anaconda2/envs/mne3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mne/preprocessing/ica.py in _fit(self, data, max_pca_components, fit_type)
    678                                             **self.fit_params)
    679         elif self.method == 'picard':
--> 680             from picard import picard
    681             _, W, _ = picard(data[:, sel].T, whiten=False,
    682                              random_state=random_state, **self.fit_params)

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'picard'

What am I doing wrong here or is something wrong with my installation?

Cheers,

Dirk