[Mne_analysis] DICS beamformer

Ramakrishnan, Nithya nramakri at bcm.edu
Wed Oct 30 20:00:42 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am working on getting some source estimates from my resting state MEG data using the DICS beamformer. In order to do that, I am computing the CSD matrix and the DICS spatial filter. I read in a few papers that computed the DICS beamformer using only the gradiometers and I found some information that if we were to mix sensors, we would need to use a covariance matrix. Is this accurate? And if I were to use only the gradiometers, would it be better/faster to select the gradiometer data when computing the CSD matrix?

Thanks

Nithya Ramakrishnan
Senior Scientific Programmer