[Mne_analysis] Issue with tfce

Dan McCloy dan at mccloy.info
Fri Apr 24 11:01:39 EDT 2020

Hi Fleur,
Quoting from Smith & Nichols 2009 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.03.061):

"By default, voxels that were originally negative will be given zero TFCE score. However, if it is desired to apply the enhancement to both negative and positive values, the original image can be simply negated, passed through the enhancement, re-negated and combined (via addition) with the positive enhancement."

As far as I know, MNE-Python's implementation does *not* do this for you automatically.

-- dan
Daniel McCloy
https://dan.mccloy.info
Research Scientist
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington