[Mne_analysis] MNE for NIRS - Current Status

Dylan Mann-Krzisnik dylan.mann.krzisnik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:03:18 EDT 2020

Dear MNE users,

Planning to do simultaneous EEG-fNIRS, members of our lab were hoping to
use MNE for fNIRS analysis. As a general inquiry, I was wondering what the
general status was on MNE support for fNIRS.

Perhaps I should make a more specific inquiry. We own a NIRx system and
thus use nirsLAB to record data. When using nirsLAB version 15.2 we were
able to load data just fine using mne.io.read_raw_nirx(). However, having
to update to nirsLAB 15.3 revokes our ability to load data. It seems that
MNE only supports nirsLAB versions 15.0 and 15.2.

Is there a trivial way to make MNE compatible with nirsLAB 15.3?

Thank you,

Dylan Mann-Krzisnik