[Mne_analysis] Morph dipole to fsaverage brain

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:45:40 EDT 2020

fsaverage is in MNI space, so you should be able to use that affine if you
want. If they don't land in the right place it suggests some problem with
how you're applying the transformation or a problem return the
transformation itself, which you could manually adjust using tkregister
(then probably rerun the subsequent recon steps) or something similar.

If you want to go beyond affine, you could use the SDR volumetric
transformation code in compute_source_morph. You could try using a full 1mm
MRI resolution, but this might run into memory problems. You could code it
yourself if you want to try it from reading the MNE code, but you have to
be careful about the coordinate frames.

We could extend compute_source_morph to work with discrete source spaces
using this full-resolution MRI intermediate approach. Then you could set up
each subjects one dipole (or as many ECDs add you have) as a discrete
source space with one element, and morph it/them.

Eric