[Mne_analysis] reduce or downsample number of vertex locations in source space

Tijmen Wartenberg Tijmen_Wartenberg at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:42:41 EST 2020

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to reduce the number of vertices in source space:
Currently, I use this:   src = op.join(fs_dir, 'bem', 'fsaverage-ico-5-src.fif').

This yields 20000 vertices. I would like to reduce the number of vertices, since it is a little overkill for what I want and it is too cpu heavy. Preferrably, I would like to perform the source modelling on ~5k points instead to save some computation time. Is there a supported option to do so or a trick to realize this?

Thanks,
Tijmen Wartenberg