[Mne_analysis] DICS_wrong_hemisphere_reconstruction {Disarmed}

Edoardo Pinzuti edoardo.pinzuti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:42:37 EST 2020

Hi,

I investigated a little more about the wrong bemforming reconstruction (it
was the same with different beamforming methods).
I imported the source model and the bem from mne to fieldtrip but I load
the grad structure directly from Fiedltrip and as you can see in the
mne_.jpg they don t have the same coordinates. Then I took the  inverse of
the transformation matrix  ctf_head_t and applied to the headmodel and
sourcemodel to get cft_aligned.jpg. I finally performed the DICS
beamoforming with  exactly the same CSD data and I get the peak on the
frontal right hemisphere this time, like I was trying to replicate.

On the other hand if I apply a different transformation matrix to the grad
( to bring everything aligned with the imported headmodel and
sourcemodel from mne) the peak is on the frontal left. So I guess I have a
problem with the coordinates and there is not flipping or other issue in
the source model or beamforming method.

Should I  bring everything to ctf coordinates in mne ? do you know why this
happened?

thanks