[Mne_analysis] IRASA Python version?

Phillip Alday phillip.alday at mpi.nl
Mon Jan 13 12:10:18 EST 2020

I know of no such implementation, but I've opened an issue on Github.

A simpler procedure for PSD that is often effective for removing 1/f is:

1. log transform psd and f. Then psd ~ 1 / f implies log psd ~ -log(f)
2. Fit a regression line and subtract out the fitted values / take the
residuals.
3. Back transform the residuals.

So something like (may need tweaking depending on whether data is
Epochs/Evoked/etc.):

from mne.time_frequency import psd_welch
from sklearn.linear_model import LinearRegression

psds, freqs = psd_welch(data)
line = LinearRegression()
line.fit(np.log(freqs).reshape(-1,1), psd.reshape(-1,1))
pink_noise = line.predict(np.log(freqs).reshape(-1,1))
de_pinked_log = np.log(psd).reshape(-1,1) - pink_noise
psd_depinked = np.exp( de_pinked_log.reshape(-1))