[Mne_analysis] ICA from EEGLAB to MNE Python

Dan McCloy dan at mccloy.info
Fri Jan 31 12:02:27 EST 2020

Hi Federica,
The changes in #6938 have not yet been merged into the master version of MNE-Python.  It would be great if you could test whether it works for you though!  To do that, you would need to be using the development version of MNE-Python. If you're not already using the development version, follow the instructions here:
https://mne.tools/dev/install/contributing.html

Then you need to get the version of the code from #6938 that has the attempted fix. Run this in a terminal from within the MNE-Python folder:

git remote add christian-oreilly https://github.com/christian-oreilly/mne-python.git
git fetch christian-oreilly
git checkout -b testing-branch christian-oreilly/import_eeglab_ica

At that point your local MNE-Python should be the modified version with the experimental EEGLAB ICA reading code, and you can try running mne.preprocessing.read_ica_eeglab() on your data.

If you do try this, please tell us whether or not it worked (and what went wrong if it failed) on the page for #6938.  Note: don't forget to switch back to the development version once #6938 is merged in (git checkout master; git pull upstream/master).

-- dan
Daniel McCloy
https://dan.mccloy.info
Research Scientist
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington