[Mne_analysis] Misalignment of PSF activity for right hemispheric source activity !! potential bug?

Diptyajit Das bmedasdiptyajit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:09:42 EDT 2020

Dear MNE users,

I am trying to find out the PSF for a particular vertex (i.e., centre
activity of a label). I am mainly interested in the auditory cortex labels.
I am following this example with slightly modified codes :
https://mne.tools/stable/auto_examples/inverse/plot_psf_ctf_vertices.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-inverse-plot-psf-ctf-vertices-py

It works for left hemispheric source location however it doesn't work for
right hemispheric sources in my data. PSF projects all the right
hemispheric source activity into the left hemisphere.
I tested the code with mne sample data in order to see if there are some
potential bugs. The results are similar.

You can see the screenshots and I have also uploaded the code to replicate
the results.
Let me know what you think and if I am missing something.

best,
Dip