[Mne_analysis] Latest environment.yml again installing MNE in a dedicated 'mne' environment

Dan McCloy dan at mccloy.info
Fri Jul 10 12:30:14 EDT 2020

Hi Johan,
Sorry about the confusion. Both the environment.yml file and the instructions were changed earlier this week, but I was slow on getting the changed instructions backported from the [docs for the dev version](https://mne.tools/dev/install/mne_python.html#id5) into the docs for the stable version. I'll fix that immediately. As for the solution of setting the python interpreter within spyder: one of our devs tested it before the change was made, and it worked for them, but I don't know what version of macOS they were running. I can now confirm that for macOS 10.15.5 "Catalina" I experience the same problem as you: Spyder will not allow me to change the interpreter, saying "You selected an invalid Python interpreter for the console so the previous interpreter will stay. Please make sure to select a valid one." I will raise this problem with the Spyder developers ASAP, and report back here.
-- dan
Daniel McCloy
https://dan.mccloy.info
Research Scientist
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington