[Mne_analysis] [fNIRS] Group analysis

David JULIEN david.julien at ifsttar.fr
Wed Jun 24 06:17:29 EDT 2020

Hmmm. I'm really sorry, I don't quite know the specific terms for data analysis. To get some context, I'm part of the tech team in our lab : I'm not the one analyzing data, but I provide tools to others to do so (they're not devs, and some are not even scientists per se - they study cognition, but more at a functional level).

SO. From what I've understood, they would like to show a corellation between the performance of a precise action and haemodynamic changes. As of today, they use the Homer2/3 libraries along with MATLAB, but we would like to move on to open source projects.

They used a NIRSport to get the relevant raw data, which I can process using the fNIRS library, but only one at a time. What I would like to get, is the ability to :
1. convert the data from each performance of the experiment into an Epoch
2. squash the results into one single usable object
3. process this object, if needed
4. get figures with the average haemodynamic response of the group

Now I could obviously create an Epoch list after processing each set, but then comes the question of *averaging* the results. I tried to use the epoch.add_channels method to have one Epoch object, but then the other methods (such as epoch.plot_image) break because channels are duplicated.

Hope it is clearer,

David