[Mne_analysis] OHBM Open science Hackathon & Travel awards

Camille Maumet camille.maumet at inria.fr
Mon Mar 2 09:03:02 EST 2020

Dear colleagues,

*Apologies for cross posting*

The [ https://ossig.netlify.com/ | OHBM Open Science Special Interest Group ] is very happy to announce that the 8th Annual OHBM Brainhack will be held June 23-25 at Phi Centre in Montreal .

A hackathon? For who?

At the OHBM Brainhack, members of the community gather to work collaboratively on common projects. This year we would like to especially welcome new attendees who have never been to hackathon before. We will provide TrainTrack sessions tailored for beginners and opportunities to directly apply new skills by joining a hackathon project. All members of the community are invited to take part in the OHBM Brainhack 2020!

Applications are now open for the OHBM Hackathon Travel Awards.

The Open Science Special Interest Group is pleased to offer 20 travel awards that will include free registration at the hackathon plus $500 USD that will go towards covering part of the expenses incurred to attend the hackathon. Submit your application no later than March 15th: [ http://ossig.netlify.com/awards | http://ossig.netlify.com/awards ] .

Registration for the OHBM Brainhack will open in the middle of March .

Soon after OHBM abstract acceptances are sent out, registration for the OHBM Brainhack will open. In the past two years the hackathon was fully booked, and we therefore recommend to register early. Seats will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. In an effort to increase diversity at the event, we will reserve part of the seats to attendees who attend a hackathon for the first time or who come from traditionally under-represented groups in science or in past hackathons.

Please contribute your favorite TrainTrack session!

Are there specific topics that you would like to see covered in the Hackathon training sessions? Please let us know using [ https://forms.gle/LbngA8xVDYj3Ep9W7 | this form ] .

Sponsors

We thank [ https://openneuro.org/ | Openneuro ] , [ http://www.incf.org/ | INCF ] , [ http://ludmercentre.ca/ | Ludmer Centre ] and the [ https://childmind.org/ | Child Mind Institute ] [ https://openfmri.org/ ] [ https://childmind.org/ ] [ https://openfmri.org/ | ,  ] [ https://www.cneuromod.ca/ | Courtois NeuroMod ] and [ https://www.rbiq-qbin.qc.ca/Home | Quebec Bio-imaging network ] for their generous contributions in support of the Open Science Special Interest Group.

We are very excited to welcome you to the OHBM Hackathon!

For most recent updates please see the [ http://ossig.netlify.com/ | OS SIG website ] , follow us on twitter [ https://twitter.com/ohbmopen | @OHBMopen ] and follow the hbm-hackathon channel on the [ https://mattermost.brainhack.org/signup_user_complete/?id=orpd9qqjb7gqpnwg5k1fdagrq | brainhack mattermost ] .

Best regards,
Remi Gau, Elizabeth Levitis and Camille Maumet for the
OHBM Open Science Special Interest Group
--
Camille Maumet, PhD

Researcher
Inria, Univ Rennes, CNRS, Inserm