[Mne_analysis] EEG reference in MNE-objects

Welke, Dominik dominik.welke at ae.mpg.de
Mon Mar 9 12:06:22 EDT 2020

Hi there,

a question on handling eeg recording reference in mne:
I have data recorded with FCz reference (brainvision amplifier). If I get the docs correctly, when I load this data to mne (in my case via read_raw_brainvision) the software automatically applies average reref via projectors.

If I want to keep the data as recorded, i can prevent this behavior via set_eeg_reference([]).
Yet, it is puzzling to me how to keep track of the recording setup. Would I have to set the custom_ref_applied parameter in the Info class? Or would I have to specify it for each channel individually in info[‘chs’][‘locs’]?

Looking forward to your answers,
Dominik

--
Dominik Welke

Max-Planck-Institute for Empirical Aesthetics
Department of Neuroscience
Grueneburgweg 14, D-60322 Frankfurt a.M.

dominik.welke at ae.mpg.de<mailto:dominik.welke at ae.mpg.de>
+49 69 8300479-347