[Mne_analysis] issues with stc.plot

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:40:01 EDT 2020

Can you try running it in IPython and seeing if `%gui qt` helps? If you hit
Ctrl-C while it's stuck do you get any traceback? You can also try
upgrading traits, traitsui, pyface, mayavi, and PySurfer to see if any of
these helps.

You can also try the new PyVista-based visualization and time viewer
interface with something like:

with mne.viz.use_3d_backend('pyvista'):
    stc.plot(**surfer_kwargs, time_viewer=True)

This mode/backend is being actively developed but hopefully would be usable
for you. You'll need to `pip install pyvista` or so to try it.

Eric