[Mne_analysis] Bipolar EEG and Epochs rejection

pie.min at libero.it pie.min at libero.it
Wed Mar 18 11:53:37 EDT 2020

Goodmorning,

I am new to python and MNE.

I am trying to replicate a brain vision analyzer pre-processing in MNE. In this pre-processing authors rejected epochs in which horizontal EOG exceeded 30 mV and/or vertical EOG exceeded 60 mV. I'm trying to achieve this result using the command mne.Epochs. However, in the reject dictionary I don't know how to specify this "double condition".

Ideally I would to write somenthing like that:

reject = dict(eeg = 160e-6, ["VEOG"] = 120e-6, ["HEOG"] = 30e-6)

epochs = mne.Epochs(raw, events=events[0], event_id=[71, 72], tmin=-0.1, tmax=0.6, proj=True, baseline=(-0.1,0), reject=reject, preload=True)

However in reject dictionary, if I understood correctly, I can only use one key 'eog'.

Thank you very much for your help,
Any advice will be usefull,
Bests,
Pietro