[Mne_analysis] Noise covariance matrix

Laura Munkki lauramunkki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:11:39 EDT 2020

Hi Denis,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I did maxfiltering and ICA for the raw data, so these steps are applied for
both types of epochs, evoked responses and NCM. But I did not use any
band-pass filters before averaging. I filtered only averaged ERPs just
before source reconstruction. So, if I filter NCM epochs, it will not be
the same. My question is: when should I apply a band-pass filter for the
NCM? I tried to apply it to the NCM-epochs file, but the result was
distorted: instead of sources around auditory cortex I've got several
sources in unpredictable locations. But when I tried to use NCM calculated
for unfiltered NCM-epochs, the sources were around auditory cortex and had
much stronger amplitude.
Looking forward for your answer,
Thank you very much for helping me,
Laura.